Make it BOLD

Make it BOLD

BoldMark_DullImpressions_04

An inspiring post with 50 inspirational quotes all done up with some amazingly creative uses of typography. It was hard to choose the one I wanted to share in this post but thinking back to our “Going Visual” workshop this past week, the admonition to “Keep it bold” rung the most true. These images were meant to give our workshop participants some inspiration as they are preparing to get an edmedia project started, but following the breadcrumbs I realized there were more treasure on this site to be had.

First there are a good collection of design assignments and tutorials and teaching materials covering the basics of graphic design, and some challenges to get you practicing your design skills. 2nd, the site is actually the brainchild of a design software called Canva, that provides tools and software for generating all kinds of design images such as posters, social media icons and web graphics. I havent fully explored this app, (although I’m downloading the ipad app right now! ) but look forward to seeing what it can do. A free and simple alternative to professional design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite.