Drawing and design on the ‘Youshow’

Drawing and design on the ‘Youshow’

I’ve been following the Youshow faithfully these past weeks, and signed up my personal blog and started doing some of these crazy daily assignments.

This week was of particular interest because they were covering visual design, and drawing and had invited guest speak Nancy White to drop some science on them! I’ve been fortunate to participated in many learning experiences with Nancy over the years, and know she has a wealth of it to go around. In Brians words…

We asked Nancy to elaborate on the ideas of what design means visually as well as for organizations and projects, and come away with some new activities that are introduced in this week’s unit on It’s All By Design (link TBA).

As we have a our own “Going Visual” workshop running tomorrow and an upcoming session on using sound in the classroom, this is a perfect time for me to engage in the YouShow, and build up some of the resources on our session page. If you are interested in design and visual practices, please check out our workshop and the fabulous collection of design resources and activities brewing over at the youshow.